- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 24 bars
- Preparation Time: 20
- 6 c. crushed pretzels
- .75 oz, or 3 pkgs. unflavored gelatin
- 3/4 c. water, divided
- 2 c. sugar
- 2/3 c. light karo syrup
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- chocolate chips (optional)
- In a bowl, sprinkle gelatin over 1/2 c. water, set aside for ab 10 min.
- combine sugar, karo syrup, and remaining water in a small saucepan.
- Bring to a full rapid boil, let it boil for 1 min.
- Pour over gelatin, using a electric mixer (preferably a stand mixer) Mix on high for 12 min. add in vanilla and mix until incorporated into the mixture.
- Add the pretzels and combine. If your adding chocolate chips, add them here.
- Place in a well greased 9x12. in pan and let set. Cut and enjoy.
NotesThis recipe is still in need of some tweaking. It was well liked, but I thought there was too much marshmallow. My thoughts is to add about half the marshmallow to the pretzels and see if it is enough. Or you could figure a way to cut the recipe in half or thirds. But it is a great combination of salty and sweet, I like it better than Rice Krispie Treats.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and Cakes
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or PartySee More
Mochi (sticky sweet rice cakes)
Thai Vegetable Stir Fry
Virgin Pomegranate and Cranberry BellinisSee More