- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 24 bars
- Preparation Time: 20
- 6 c. crushed pretzels
- .75 oz, or 3 pkgs. unflavored gelatin
- 3/4 c. water, divided
- 2 c. sugar
- 2/3 c. light karo syrup
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- chocolate chips (optional)
- In a bowl, sprinkle gelatin over 1/2 c. water, set aside for ab 10 min.
- combine sugar, karo syrup, and remaining water in a small saucepan.
- Bring to a full rapid boil, let it boil for 1 min.
- Pour over gelatin, using a electric mixer (preferably a stand mixer) Mix on high for 12 min. add in vanilla and mix until incorporated into the mixture.
- Add the pretzels and combine. If your adding chocolate chips, add them here.
- Place in a well greased 9x12. in pan and let set. Cut and enjoy.
NotesThis recipe is still in need of some tweaking. It was well liked, but I thought there was too much marshmallow. My thoughts is to add about half the marshmallow to the pretzels and see if it is enough. Or you could figure a way to cut the recipe in half or thirds. But it is a great combination of salty and sweet, I like it better than Rice Krispie Treats.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Secret of the Wings Cookbook
Adventures in Cooking
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for LunchSee More
Corn Fritters ( Sorullitos)
Mambo Pork Rolls with Sweet Potatoes
Red Lentil And Vegetable SoupSee More