- Cooking Time: 11
- Servings: 24
- Preparation Time: 10
- 1 3/4c all-purpose flour
- 1 t baking powder
- ¼ t baking soda
- ¼ t salt
- ½ t cinnamon
- ¾ cup unsalted butter
- 1 c. brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 t vanilla
- 2 c rolled oats
- 2 c raisins
- Kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 375 and line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In large bowl, whisk together flour with next four ingredients (through cinnamon). Set aside.
- Cream butter with sugars until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, vanilla; mix again.
- Turn mixer to low and add flour mixture.
- Fold in oats and raisins.
- For best results, chill at least 1 hour.
- Scoop out with medium (1/4 c) scoop, sprinkle lightly with Kosher salt.
- Bake 11-12 minutes, until light brown at edges only.
NotesI tinkered with the recipe for this popular DC-area treat to make it simpler and more raisin-y. The sweet-salty combo makes it my all-time favorite cookie!
The Secret Life of Bees: Cooking Your Way Through College
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake Recipe
Breads and Pastry 101See More
Grilled Chicken and Orange Skewers with Zucchini Rice
Endive Rhubarb Salad
COTTAGE CHEESE BRUNCH BLINTZESSee More