- Cooking Time: 11
- Servings: 24
- Preparation Time: 10
- 1 3/4c all-purpose flour
- 1 t baking powder
- ¼ t baking soda
- ¼ t salt
- ½ t cinnamon
- ¾ cup unsalted butter
- 1 c. brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 t vanilla
- 2 c rolled oats
- 2 c raisins
- Kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 375 and line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In large bowl, whisk together flour with next four ingredients (through cinnamon). Set aside.
- Cream butter with sugars until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, vanilla; mix again.
- Turn mixer to low and add flour mixture.
- Fold in oats and raisins.
- For best results, chill at least 1 hour.
- Scoop out with medium (1/4 c) scoop, sprinkle lightly with Kosher salt.
- Bake 11-12 minutes, until light brown at edges only.
NotesI tinkered with the recipe for this popular DC-area treat to make it simpler and more raisin-y. The sweet-salty combo makes it my all-time favorite cookie!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Fun appetizers and snacks
Eco-Chefs Kids Culinary Cookbook
Classic Chocolate Recipes ElevatedSee More
Holiday "Butt" Stuffing
Pumpkin Pie With Perfect Pie Crust
Nacho Cheese DipSee More