- Cooking Time: 16 minutes
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 4 boneless, thick cut pork chops
- 2 Mackintosh apples, cored and quartered
- 1 small onion, sliced
- salt and pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 Tbls. dijon mustard
- 1 bottle of Sam Adams Oktoberfest or other dark beer (but not a stout!)
- olive oil
- Heat olive oil in a pan over medium high heat
- Season chops with salt and pepper and add to the pan.
- Add onions and cook 4 minutes, or until chops are well browned.
- Turn chops and brown other side, remove chops and set aside.
- Deglaze the pan with beer.
- Whisk in dijon and add chops and apples to the sauce.
- Simmer on low heat until sauce is reduced and pork is cooked through (about 8 minutes).
NotesI hadn't planned on making pork chops with beer for dinner last night! I had everything cooking and ready to go when I opened the fridge and realized I had no chicken stock to make my sauce! I didn't have any white wine, either, but I did have plenty of Sam Adams Oktoberfest :) It came out so good, and was super simple!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Secret of the Wings Cookbook
Adventures in Cooking
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for LunchSee More
Corn Fritters ( Sorullitos)
Mambo Pork Rolls with Sweet Potatoes
Red Lentil And Vegetable SoupSee More