- Cooking Time: 16 minutes
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 4 boneless, thick cut pork chops
- 2 Mackintosh apples, cored and quartered
- 1 small onion, sliced
- salt and pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 Tbls. dijon mustard
- 1 bottle of Sam Adams Oktoberfest or other dark beer (but not a stout!)
- olive oil
- Heat olive oil in a pan over medium high heat
- Season chops with salt and pepper and add to the pan.
- Add onions and cook 4 minutes, or until chops are well browned.
- Turn chops and brown other side, remove chops and set aside.
- Deglaze the pan with beer.
- Whisk in dijon and add chops and apples to the sauce.
- Simmer on low heat until sauce is reduced and pork is cooked through (about 8 minutes).
NotesI hadn't planned on making pork chops with beer for dinner last night! I had everything cooking and ready to go when I opened the fridge and realized I had no chicken stock to make my sauce! I didn't have any white wine, either, but I did have plenty of Sam Adams Oktoberfest :) It came out so good, and was super simple!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Babette's Test Kitchen
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at PesahSee More
Frying Pan Cookies
Angel Food Cupcakes With Raspberry Swirl
Home-Style Asian BurgerSee More