- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 14 ounce firm tofu blocks
- 4 tablespoons peanut or canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 8 cloves garlic, chopped finely
- 1 onion, chopped finely
- 1/2 teaspoon sambal oelek*
- 2 celery stalks + leaves, chopped finely
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons Kecap Manis Cedang* (Medium Sweet Indonesian Soy Sauce)
- Slice tofu in 1/2"x 1/2"x 1/2" slices. In a large frying pan or wok heat oil at medium heat; sauté tofu until light brown and remove from pan.
- In same pan add onion, garlic and ginger.
- Sauté until light brown.
- Then add tofu, scallions, sambal oelek, celery and salt. Sauté until celery is crisp tender. Add kecap manis cedang and mix well.
- Selamat Makan!
NotesTofu or Tahu in Malay has been a staple in many countries for centuries including Indonesia.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Real Deal Apple Recipes.
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skin
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"See More
Hot Artichoke Dip
Lemon Streusel MuffinsSee More