- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 14 ounce firm tofu blocks
- 4 tablespoons peanut or canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 8 cloves garlic, chopped finely
- 1 onion, chopped finely
- 1/2 teaspoon sambal oelek*
- 2 celery stalks + leaves, chopped finely
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons Kecap Manis Cedang* (Medium Sweet Indonesian Soy Sauce)
- Slice tofu in 1/2"x 1/2"x 1/2" slices. In a large frying pan or wok heat oil at medium heat; sauté tofu until light brown and remove from pan.
- In same pan add onion, garlic and ginger.
- Sauté until light brown.
- Then add tofu, scallions, sambal oelek, celery and salt. Sauté until celery is crisp tender. Add kecap manis cedang and mix well.
- Selamat Makan!
NotesTofu or Tahu in Malay has been a staple in many countries for centuries including Indonesia.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Best of Brock: Celebrating 85 Years of Cooking
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can Enjoy
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie ChallengeSee More
ICE CREAM IN A MARTINI GLASS RIMMED WITH OREO CRUMBS
Cupcake Wars Winning Peaches 'n Cream Cupcakes
Monkfish Stew in White Wine SauceSee More