- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 14 ounce firm tofu blocks
- 4 tablespoons peanut or canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 8 cloves garlic, chopped finely
- 1 onion, chopped finely
- 1/2 teaspoon sambal oelek*
- 2 celery stalks + leaves, chopped finely
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons Kecap Manis Cedang* (Medium Sweet Indonesian Soy Sauce)
- Slice tofu in 1/2"x 1/2"x 1/2" slices. In a large frying pan or wok heat oil at medium heat; sauté tofu until light brown and remove from pan.
- In same pan add onion, garlic and ginger.
- Sauté until light brown.
- Then add tofu, scallions, sambal oelek, celery and salt. Sauté until celery is crisp tender. Add kecap manis cedang and mix well.
- Selamat Makan!
NotesTofu or Tahu in Malay has been a staple in many countries for centuries including Indonesia.
A Happy Life Cookbook : Recipes for a Healthy Life
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy Blog
The NourishFull KitchenSee More
Broccoli Chicken Casserole
SLOW COOKER BBQ COUNTRY RIBS
TUNA PARFAIT ON JAPANESE SWEET POTATO TEMPURA AND TEMPURA GREEN ONIONS WITH SAKE SOY GLAZESee More