- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 5 eggs, hard boiled, peeled and sliced in half
- 2 tablespoons peanut or canola oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 8 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 candlenut*, grated (optional)
- 1 teaspoon galangal or laos powder*
- 1/2 teaspoon sambal oelek* (red pepper paste)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup coconut milk
- In a skillet or wok (I prefer to use our wok), heat up the oil.
- Sauté onion, garlic, candlenut, laos, sambal oelek and salt.
- Be cautious to avoid burning.
- Add brown sugar, bay leaf and coconut milk. Bring mixture to a boil and then simmer for 10 minutes.
- Pour mixture over hard-boiled eggs and serve.
- Selamat Makan!
NotesSince my wife's tolerance for spicy hot food is a 1 and mine 10+, I always prepare Indonesian dishes on the mild side, because more sambal (Indonesian pepper paste) can be added at dinner time.
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
Jesuit Tampa - Between Practice and Homework
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"See More
My Mom's Stuffing (My preacher recipe)
Hot Italian 'Krash' StackSee More