- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 5 eggs, hard boiled, peeled and sliced in half
- 2 tablespoons peanut or canola oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 8 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 candlenut*, grated (optional)
- 1 teaspoon galangal or laos powder*
- 1/2 teaspoon sambal oelek* (red pepper paste)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup coconut milk
- In a skillet or wok (I prefer to use our wok), heat up the oil.
- Sauté onion, garlic, candlenut, laos, sambal oelek and salt.
- Be cautious to avoid burning.
- Add brown sugar, bay leaf and coconut milk. Bring mixture to a boil and then simmer for 10 minutes.
- Pour mixture over hard-boiled eggs and serve.
- Selamat Makan!
NotesSince my wife's tolerance for spicy hot food is a 1 and mine 10+, I always prepare Indonesian dishes on the mild side, because more sambal (Indonesian pepper paste) can be added at dinner time.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
$30 Wine+Food Pairings
Koken met Oma
GAES PTO RecipesSee More
Holey Moley Dark Mexican Chocolate Dulce De Leche Brownies
Sweet, Salty, Frito CandySee More