SAMBAL GORENG TELUR - INDONESIAN SPICED EGGS
Sambal Goreng Telur - Indonesian Spiced Eggs
- 5 eggs, hard boiled, peeled and sliced in half
- 2 tablespoons peanut or canola oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 8 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 candlenut*, grated (optional)
- 1 teaspoon galangal or laos powder*
- 1/2 teaspoon sambal oelek* (red pepper paste)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup coconut milk
In a skillet or wok (I prefer to use our wok), heat up the oil.
Sauté onion, garlic, candlenut, laos, sambal oelek and salt.
Be cautious to avoid burning.
Add brown sugar, bay leaf and coconut milk. Bring mixture to a boil and then simmer for 10 minutes.
Pour mixture over hard-boiled eggs and serve.