½ cup flour
1 cup sugar
1½ teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
1 egg + 2 egg yolks, at room temperature
1½ teaspoons vanilla
½ cup sour cream
6 cups powdered sugar
1 large (5.9 ounce) chocolate pudding mix, dry
½ cup +1-2 tablespoons half and half or heavy cream
6 samoa cookies, cut in half
⅓ cup shredded coconut flakes
¼ cup caramels, melted + 2 tablespoons heavy cream
1) Preheat oven to 350.
2) Line a muffin tin with cupcake liners (12).
3) In a medium bowl combine flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt.
4) In another small bowl combine egg, egg yolks, vanilla, and sour cream.
5) Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir to combine.
6) Pour batter into prepared liners filling each about ⅔ full.
7) Bake 18-22 minutes until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
8) Place shredded coconut in a pan and cook over medium high heat, stirring throughout until coconut begins to brown slightly on the edges, remove from heat and set aside.
9) Mix together powdered sugar, chocolate pudding mix, and heavy cream or half and half.
10) Spread or pipe frosting onto cupcakes.
11) Top each with ½ Samoa cookie. Sprinkle with toasted coconut. In a microwave safe bowl melt caramel and heavy cream and stir until smooth. Drizzle onto cupcakes.
12) Store in airtight container.