SANDRA'S COMFORTING NEW ENGLAND STYLE TRI-SEAFOOD CHOWDER
- Cooking Time: 30 Mins./Stand 10 Mins.
- Servings: 6 to 8
- Preparation Time: 10 Mins.
- 4 ozs. thick, center-cut hickory smoked bacon, cut into 1” slices
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 2 ribs celery, cut into 1/4” thick slices
- 2 carrots, cut into 1/4” thick slices
- 1 teaspoon old bay seasoning
- 1 dried bay leaf
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1.5 lbs. red potatoes, scrubbed (unpeeled) and sliced into 3/4” cubes
- 3 cups low-sodium chicken stock
- 1 cup quality white wine
- ¾ lb. boneless, skinless white king salmon cut into 1” chunks (or halibut)
- ¾ lb. cooked shrimp
- ¾ lb. cooked lobster tail chunks, thawed (from Costco)
- 2 cups heavy cream
- Freshly ground sea salt
- Ground gray pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- --Warm, crusty French bread
- Fry bacon in dutch oven over medium-high heat until brown and crispy. Remove cooked bacon to a paper towel lined plate using a slotted spoon, and set aside.
- Retain 2 tablespoons of drippings in pot and add the butter, onions, celery, carrots, old bay seasoning, and bay leaves; sauté until onions are translucent.
- Add flour, and garlic, then sauté for 1 minute.
- Add the potatoes, broth, and white wine to cover vegetables (add water if more liquid is needed to do so). Bring to a boil, scrape bits off of bottom of pot, then cover and boil for 10 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to low, then gently fold in white king salmon chunks, and cook over low heat for 5 minutes. Gently fold in lobster tail chunks, shrimp, and reserved bacon (being careful not to break up white king salmon chunks), then cook on low for 3 minutes.
- Remove pot from heat, add heavy cream and allow chowder to sit, covered, for 5 minutes to ensure that the fish continues to cook (without overcooking the fish or other seafood).
- Taste for seasonings; adding salt and pepper to your desired level.
- Toss bay leaf.
- Serve chowder in individual bowls, topped with fresh parsley, along with warm, crusty French bread for sopping up the delicious broth. ~ Enjoy!
NotesA deep flavored, luxurious textured chowder with generous chunks of white king salmon, lobster tail chunks, and shrimp adorned with only a few simple ingredients
so the seafood takes center stage...
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!
Secret of the Wings Cookbook
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skinSee More
Puff Daddy Pancake
Pumpkin-Cream Cheese Streusel Pie
Tossed Salad With Oil And Vinegar DressingSee More