SANDRA'S GRILLED LOBSTER TAILS WITH CITRUS BUTTER, FILLET MIGNON AND ASPARAGUS
- Cooking Time: Steak: 8 Mins.
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time: Grill Lobster: 15 Mins.
- --Prep: Begin aerating a quality Pinot Noir, and set out steaks and lobster tails for 30 minutes prior to grilling to reach room temp.
- · 2 lobster tails, butterflied (6 to 8 ounces each)—thaw, if frozen
- · 2 tablespoons butter , melted
- · 1 teaspoons lemon juice
- · 1/4 teaspoon lemon zest
- · pinch of kosher salt
- · dash ground ginger
- · dash paprika
- · dash of hot sauce
- · lemon wedges
- · 2 fillet mignon steaks, (pat dry with paper towel before grilling)
- · grilling seasoning (your favorite brand)
- · worcestershire sauce
- · olive oil
- ---Prepared steamed asparagus
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat, or preheat oven to broil, but cook 8 to 10 inches from heat.
- Combine melted butter, lemon juice, lemon zest, salt, ginger, paprika, and hot sauce.
- Brush the both sides of steaks with olive oil, liberally rub with grill seasoning, and sprinkle with worcestershire sauce.
- Place a metal skewer through the length of each lobster (keeps them from curling while grilling), and brush with butter sauce; place on grill shell side up, and close lid. After 7 minutes brush with butter sauce again. At this time, add the steaks to the grill and, cover, and cook on the first side for 4 minutes. Turn over with tongs, and continue cooking, covered, for 4 more minutes, or until done to your desired tenderness.
- Remove both steaks and lobster tails, and cover loosely with foil and let stand for 5 minutes for juices to redistribute. Serve your grilled steak and lobster with lemon wedges, steamed asparagus, and glasses filled with Pinot Noir.
- TIP: Watch to make sure the lobster does not burn. Meat should be opaque and flake easily.
NotesOur tradition is to serve this decadent meal on Valentine's Day ~ (It would also be most suitable for any other special occasion)...
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy Blog
Easy Homemade Salad Dressings
Classic Chocolate RecipesSee More
Hot Artichoke Dip
Lemon Streusel MuffinsSee More