SANDRA'S GRILLED LOBSTER TAILS WITH CITRUS BUTTER, FILLET MIGNON AND ASPARAGUS
Sandra's Grilled Lobster Tails with Citrus Butter, Fillet Mignon and Asparagus
- Cooking Time: Steak: 8 Mins.
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time: Grill Lobster: 15 Mins.
- --Prep: Begin aerating a quality Pinot Noir, and set out steaks and lobster tails for 30 minutes prior to grilling to reach room temp.
- · 2 lobster tails, butterflied (6 to 8 ounces each)—thaw, if frozen
- · 2 tablespoons butter , melted
- · 1 teaspoons lemon juice
- · 1/4 teaspoon lemon zest
- · pinch of kosher salt
- · dash ground ginger
- · dash paprika
- · dash of hot sauce
- · lemon wedges
- · 2 fillet mignon steaks, (pat dry with paper towel before grilling)
- · grilling seasoning (your favorite brand)
- · worcestershire sauce
- · olive oil
- ---Prepared steamed asparagus
Preheat grill to medium-high heat, or preheat oven to broil, but cook 8 to 10 inches from heat.
Combine melted butter, lemon juice, lemon zest, salt, ginger, paprika, and hot sauce.
Brush the both sides of steaks with olive oil, liberally rub with grill seasoning, and sprinkle with worcestershire sauce.
Place a metal skewer through the length of each lobster (keeps them from curling while grilling), and brush with butter sauce; place on grill shell side up, and close lid. After 7 minutes brush with butter sauce again. At this time, add the steaks to the grill and, cover, and cook on the first side for 4 minutes. Turn over with tongs, and continue cooking, covered, for 4 more minutes, or until done to your desired tenderness.
Remove both steaks and lobster tails, and cover loosely with foil and let stand for 5 minutes for juices to redistribute. Serve your grilled steak and lobster with lemon wedges, steamed asparagus, and glasses filled with Pinot Noir.
TIP: Watch to make sure the lobster does not burn. Meat should be opaque and flake easily.
Website Credit: http://sandrarecipeblogsite.blogspot.com/