- Cooking Time: Prep/Cook: 30 Mins.
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: Steep Lemon Grass 2-4 Hr
BackstoryThis recipe inspired me from spices I purchased from a local merchant called "Red Onion Organic Spice and Tea Company" here in Juneau, Alaska...
- 2 teaspoons organic dried lemon grass, re-hydrated (for infused broth)
- 1/2 cup hot water
- ½ lb. uncooked angel hair pasta
- 4 tablespoons light olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ onion, finely chopped
- 1 lb. broccoli rabe, trimmed, and cut into 2” pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½ cup white wine
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into 4 pats, at room temp.
- 2 tablespoons organic dried parsley
- 1 lb. shrimp/prawns, peeled and deveined
- --Warm, crusty bread slices for sopping up sauce
- Make the infused dried lemon grass by immersing it into 1/2-cup hot water; letting it steep for 2 to 4 hours. Pour through a strainer, and just reserve liquid broth; set aside. Toss lemon grass pieces.
- Cook angel hair pasta according to package directions, about 7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat large skillet over medium-high heat, and saute garlic, and onion in light olive oil for 1 minute. Add the prepared broccoli rabe, sea salt, ground pepper, red pepper flakes, and 1/2-cup lemon grass broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Add wine, and butter, and prepared shrimp, and parsley; let simmer; uncovered for 2 minutes (turning shrimp after 1 minute). Remove skillet from heat.
- Drain angel hair pasta (reserving 1 cup of hot pasta-water, about 2 ladles); add pasta to the skillet. Add reserved pasta-water to moisten the angel hair pasta. Toss with tongs to combine, and pour the entire contents onto a serving platter, and place the warm crust bread slices along side – Enjoy!