- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 package (18-1/4 ounces) white cake mix
- 1 can (16 ounces) or 2 cups vanilla frosting, divided
- Red gel or paste food coloring
- Miniature marshmallows, chocolate chips, red-hot candies and flaked coconut
- Prepare cake batter according to package directions for cupcakes; fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.
- Bake according to package directions.
- Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pans to wire racks.
- Place 2/3 cup frosting in a bowl; tint with red food coloring.
- Set aside 3 tablespoons white frosting for decorating.
- Cover two-thirds of the top of each cupcake with remaining white frosting.
- Frost the rest of cupcake top with red frosting for hat.
- Place reserved white frosting in a small heavy-duty resealable plastic bag; cut a 1/4-in. hole in one corner.
- On each cupcake, pipe a line of frosting to create fur band of hat.
- Press a marshmallow on one side of hat for pom-pom.
- Under hat, place tow chocolate chips for eyes and one red-hot for nose.
- Gently press coconut onto face for beard.
- Makes about 1-1/2 dozen.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
$30 Wine+Food Pairings
The Naked Macaron
Gluten-Free - Making do with what you got!See More
Tabouleh (Cracked Wheat/Cucumber Salad)
Annie's Strawberry Dessert
Old Fashioned GingerbreadSee More