- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 package (18-1/4 ounces) white cake mix
- 1 can (16 ounces) or 2 cups vanilla frosting, divided
- Red gel or paste food coloring
- Miniature marshmallows, chocolate chips, red-hot candies and flaked coconut
- Prepare cake batter according to package directions for cupcakes; fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake according to package directions. Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pans to wire racks.
- Place 2/3 cup frosting in a bowl; tint with red food coloring. Set aside 3 tablespoons white frosting for decorating. Cover two-thirds of the top of each cupcake with remaining white frosting. Frost the rest of cupcake top with red frosting for hat. Place reserved white frosting in a small heavy-duty resealable plastic bag; cut a 1/4-in. hole in one corner.
- On each cupcake, pipe a line of frosting to create fur band of hat. Press a marshmallow on one side of hat for pom-pom. Under hat, place two chocolate chips for eyes and one red-hot for nose. Gently press coconut onto face for beard. Yield: about 1-1/2 dozen
- PREP 25 min.
- COOK 20 min.
- TOTAL 45 min.
NotesSource: Taste of Home
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Healthy Blender Recipes: Vegan Drinks, Shakes & Smoothies
Austin Personal Training RecipesSee More
Hot Artichoke Dip
Lemon Streusel MuffinsSee More