- Cooking Time: 35-45
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 1 Large Ziploc Bag
- 1 & 1/2 Cups Frito's Corn Chips
- 1 & 1/2 Cups Corn Flakes
- 2 or 3 tsp taco seasoning
- 1 or 2 tsp garlic pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 tblspn olive oil
- 4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1 & 1/3 cup mild or medium salsa
- 1 & 1/2 cups sharp shredded cheddar
- In ziploc bag add corn chips, corn flakes, taco seasoning and garlic pepper.
- Crush with a rolling pin or hands to make a nice even crunchy coating.
- Coating will be both coarse and fine and have some chunks of fritos.
- Make sure to shake to make sure all the seasons distribute evenly.
- Then place topping in a dish that you can use to bread the chicken in.
- Mix egg and oil with whisk in a shallow bowl big enough to drag your chicken breasts through.
- Dip each chicken breast in the egg mixture and then into the topping mixture until all breasts are coated evenly and thickly.
- Press the mixture in and place the breasts in a shallow baking dish. ( I use the 8x8 square )
- Place in oven and bake for 30 minutes, pull dish out and carefully turn breasts over.
- Before returning to the oven spread salsa evenly over breasts. Then cover each with an equal amount of shredded cheddar cheese.
- Reduce heat to 325 degrees and place baking dish back in oven and allow to finish baking for 10-15 minutes more.
- Cheese will be melted and starting to brown when the recipe is ready.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes before serving.
NotesI created this recipe one day when I lived in New York trying to use what I had in my pantry and kitchen at the time. It was such a hit that I wrote down what I did so I could make it over and over. I've never served it to someone who didn't LOVE it.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!
St.George YMCA-YWCA Before and After School Cookbook
The NourishFull KitchenSee More
Easy Chocolate Tart
Black Bean And Corn QuesadillasSee More