- Cooking Time: 35-45
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 1 Large Ziploc Bag
- 1 & 1/2 Cups Frito's Corn Chips
- 1 & 1/2 Cups Corn Flakes
- 2 or 3 tsp taco seasoning
- 1 or 2 tsp garlic pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 tblspn olive oil
- 4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1 & 1/3 cup mild or medium salsa
- 1 & 1/2 cups sharp shredded cheddar
- In ziploc bag add corn chips, corn flakes, taco seasoning and garlic pepper.
- Crush with a rolling pin or hands to make a nice even crunchy coating.
- Coating will be both coarse and fine and have some chunks of fritos.
- Make sure to shake to make sure all the seasons distribute evenly.
- Then place topping in a dish that you can use to bread the chicken in.
- Mix egg and oil with whisk in a shallow bowl big enough to drag your chicken breasts through.
- Dip each chicken breast in the egg mixture and then into the topping mixture until all breasts are coated evenly and thickly.
- Press the mixture in and place the breasts in a shallow baking dish. ( I use the 8x8 square )
- Place in oven and bake for 30 minutes, pull dish out and carefully turn breasts over.
- Before returning to the oven spread salsa evenly over breasts. Then cover each with an equal amount of shredded cheddar cheese.
- Reduce heat to 325 degrees and place baking dish back in oven and allow to finish baking for 10-15 minutes more.
- Cheese will be melted and starting to brown when the recipe is ready.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes before serving.
NotesI created this recipe one day when I lived in New York trying to use what I had in my pantry and kitchen at the time. It was such a hit that I wrote down what I did so I could make it over and over. I've never served it to someone who didn't LOVE it.
Camp Nubar Baking Class
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
A Gluten Free Christmas with Gluten Free MamaSee More
Grilled Chicken and Orange Skewers with Zucchini Rice
Endive Rhubarb Salad
COTTAGE CHEESE BRUNCH BLINTZESSee More