- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 (15 oz.) can black beans - rinsed and drained
- 1 can whole kernel corn - drained
- 1 cup bottled thick and chunky salsa
- 5 skinless boneless chicken breasts
- 1 (8 oz.) brick cream cheese - cut into cubes
- Cooked rice
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- In slow cooker, mix together the beans, corn, and 1/2 cup salsa.
- Top with the chicken breasts, then pour the remaining salsa over the chicken.
- Cover and cook on the low heat setting 7 hours, or until the chicken is tender and white throughout; do not overcook or the chicken will toughen.
- Remove the chicken and cut into bite sized pieces.
- Add back to the slow cooker.
- Add the cream cheese and turn slow cooker to high heat.
- Heat until cream cheese melts and blends into sauce.
- Serve over rice.
- Top with shredded cheese.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
The Social CookbookSee More
Honey Cake (mézeskalács) As My Mother Makes
Delicious, flaky, lard-free pie crustSee More