SANTA FE CHICKEN
- 1 (15 oz.) can black beans - rinsed and drained
- 1 can whole kernel corn - drained
- 1 cup bottled thick and chunky salsa
- 5 skinless boneless chicken breasts
- 1 (8 oz.) brick cream cheese - cut into cubes
- Cooked rice
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
In slow cooker, mix together the beans, corn, and 1/2 cup salsa.
Top with the chicken breasts, then pour the remaining salsa over the chicken.
Cover and cook on the low heat setting 7 hours, or until the chicken is tender and white throughout; do not overcook or the chicken will toughen.
Remove the chicken and cut into bite sized pieces.
Add back to the slow cooker.
Add the cream cheese and turn slow cooker to high heat.
Heat until cream cheese melts and blends into sauce.
Serve over rice.
Top with shredded cheese.