SANTA FE GRILLED CHICKEN
- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 2 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning mix (from 1.25 oz package)
- 8 slices Monterey Jack or Pepper Jack cheese
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- Heat gas or charcoal grill. Can also use a skillet on the stove top, spraying skillet or a little oil in skillet.
- Brush both sides of chicken with oil; sprinkle with taco seasoning mix. Place chicken on grill. Cover grill; cook over medium heat 15 to 20 minutes, turning once and topping each chicken breast with cheese during last minute of cooking time, until juice of chicken is clear when center of thickest part is cut (170 degrees).
- Serve chicken topped with salsa.
NotesThis is one yummy dish! When I found this recipe on Rachel vs. The Kitchen Blog she said it was missing something and she shied away from using to much taco seasoning but I sprinkled the chicken breast pretty good with the taco seasoning! I also seasoned them with garlic salt, cracked black pepper and Lawry's Seasoned Salt! There was nothing missing to us as it was perfect! We don't like thick chicken breast so I bought 4 and cut them in half, down the middle inside, like a butterfly cut and that is a great way to make them less thick! Cut them when they are still partially frozen!
I was standing in line at Kroger's Deli and spotted some Boars Head Asiago Cheese slices and decided that was the cheese I was going to use in this recipe and it was a great choice! I love Asiago Cheese and it was delicious with this recipe!
It was a pretty chilly day here so I decided on the stove top method instead of grilling but as soon as grilling weather is here, this recipe is going to be made on the grill by the grill master, my DH, Boog!