- Cooking Time: 10
- Servings: 4-6
- Preparation Time: 30
- 1 cup whole grain rotini pasta
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives
- 1/2 cup cherry or grape tomatoes (sliced in half)
- 1/2 large cucumber (diced)
- 1 celery stick (chopped)
- 1/4 cup fresh or canned pineapple (diced)
- 1/4 cup black beans
- 1/2 large red pepper (diced)
- 1/4 cup sweet corn (cooked)
- 1 large avocado
- Dressing for veggies:
- juice from one key lime (or small regular lime)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Splash of hot sauce
- 1/2 tsp agave nectar (or honey)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Dressing for pasta:
- 2 tsp ranch dressing or black pepper mayo
- 1 tbps salsa (any variety will do)
- Mix together dressing for pasta in a small container and set aside. Cook pasta and mix in dressing while pasta is warm. Set aside mixture to cool.
- Add all ingredients for veggie dressing into a small container with a lid. Shake container until the dressing is well mixed and set aside. Mix together all veggies except avocado and add veggie dressing. Toss lightly. Add cooled pasta mixture to veggie mixture and allow to marinate for 2-3 hours.
- Dice avocado and add to salad before serving.
NotesI used to be a heavy girl, and it wasn't until I learned how to make recipes with a variety of veggies, proteins, and whole grains that I was able to take the weight off. This is one of my many "lettuce-free" salads, the only way to make a salad in my eyes.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.
Brownies: Baking Outside the BoxSee More
Apricot Glazed Chicken Breasts
Blueberry Light MuffinsSee More