- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced canned chipotle chile in adobo sauce
- 1/2 pound 7% fat ground beef
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3/4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 2/3 cup mild chunky salsa, divided
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 6 slices 30%-less-fat center-cut bacon (such as Oscar Mayer), cooked and crumbled
- 2 large egg whites
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) reduced-fat finely shredded Mexican-style four cheese blend (such as Kraft 2% milk)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add onion, bell pepper, chili powder, cumin, and garlic to pan; sauté 1 1/2 minutes or until onion is tender. Stir in chipotle chile; sauté 30 seconds. Remove from pan; cool. Combine onion mixture, beef, breadcrumbs, 1/3 cup salsa, oregano, bacon, and egg whites in a large bowl.
- Place half of beef mixture in an 8 x 4-inch loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Arrange cheese over top, leaving a 1/2-inch border around outside edges. Arrange remaining beef mixture over cheese, pressing edges to pack. Spread the remaining 1/3 cup salsa over top of meat loaf. Bake at 350° for 1 hour and 25 minutes or until a thermometer registers 165°. Let stand 10 minutes. Remove from pan; cut into 12 slices.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"
Taste of CenturyLink
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!See More
Salmon & Spinach Pesto Pasta
Antipasto for Kids (Gluten-Free)See More