- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 290g dark chocolate (roughly chopped)
- 200g butter (chopped)
- 5 large eggs (room temperature)
- 200g sugar (as it comes =P hehe)
- Preheat to 175. Line or grease 23cm round tin.
- Melt chocolate and butter in double boiler. Whisk eggs and sugar. Add chocolate mixture, whisk until smooth. Pour. Cover tin with foil snugly. Place tin in a baking tray filled with water (should reach to 1/2 up the tin's sides).
- Bake 1 hour and 15 minutes. Cake will feel "set" like quivery chocolate pudding but to touch, finger should come away clean. Remove tin from water bath and remove foil. Sit on rack to cool and "set" further.
- Keeps 3-5 days refrigerated and sealed.
Notesa young friend of mine is just learning to stretch her wings in the kitchen. I was going to challenge her to bake a chocolate truffle cake, but before I could copy the recipe she found, and made, this recipe. It's almost precisely what I was going to challenge her to make, only my recipe has the addition of 1/4 of a cup of Cointreau to the chocolate mix and is served with raspeberry coulis, fresh raspberries and whipped cream.
Needless to say she got bonus points for finding and attempting this without help *g*
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
Special SmoothiesSee More
Hot Artichoke Dip
Lemon Streusel MuffinsSee More