- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 Chicken breasts, skinned and deboned
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped finely
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 kemiries* (candlenuts), grated
- 4 tablespoons unsweetened grated coconut
- 2 teaspoons coriander
- 2 teaspoons sambal oelek* (Indonesian hot pepper paste)
- 1 teaspoon sereh powder* (lemon grass)
- 1/2 inch trasi* (shrimp paste) softened in 4 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons Gula Java or Melaka* (Indosian palm sugar)
- Cube chicken into portions and set aside.
- Heat oil in frying pan and add the rest of the ingredients. Stir well.
- Marinated chicken cubes in this mixture for about 2 hours to allow the aromatic and pungent spices to be absorbed.
- Skewer the meat and cook until well done over grill.
- Serve over rice and fresh peanut sauce.
- These ingredients can be purchased at an Oriental food market, such as 99 Ranch Market.
- Selamat Makan!
Adventures in Cooking
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community Cookbook
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or PartySee More
Pandas' Favorite Pie by Kaylan & Finn Agarwal
Peggy's Hot Canapes
Panera Broccoli Cheese SoupSee More