- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 Chicken breasts, skinned and deboned
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped finely
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 kemiries* (candlenuts), grated
- 4 tablespoons unsweetened grated coconut
- 2 teaspoons coriander
- 2 teaspoons sambal oelek* (Indonesian hot pepper paste)
- 1 teaspoon sereh powder* (lemon grass)
- 1/2 inch trasi* (shrimp paste) softened in 4 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons Gula Java or Melaka* (Indosian palm sugar)
- Cube chicken into portions and set aside.
- Heat oil in frying pan and add the rest of the ingredients. Stir well.
- Marinated chicken cubes in this mixture for about 2 hours to allow the aromatic and pungent spices to be absorbed.
- Skewer the meat and cook until well done over grill.
- Serve over rice and fresh peanut sauce.
- These ingredients can be purchased at an Oriental food market, such as 99 Ranch Market.
- Selamat Makan!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
I Got Baked: Introducing Cookbook Cafe
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.
NFPG Recipe CollectionSee More
Cherry Chip Cheesecake BarsSee More