Satayed Thai Chicken Skewers with Peanut Dipping Sauce and Home-Made Roti
Why I Love This Recipe
One of my all time favorite dishes to make on the road. Note, there will be absolutely NO leftovers. It is a guaranteed hit
Ingredients You'll Need
8 pieces of Boneless Chicken tenders/ strips of Chicken breast/thigh
1/4 cup Coconut milk
1/2 tsp Thai curry powder
1/4th tsp turmeric powder
1/4th tsp Red pepper flakes
1 tsp Soy sauce
1/2tsp Brown sugar
1/2tsp chopped cilantro
(This marinate is 'Gingery', spicy and salty) It is supposed to be little more 'sweet' than in my recipe, but I like my chicken spicy.You can add more brown sugar.
8 Skewer sticks soaked in water for 30 mins
2 cups flour, plus extra for kneading
Salt – 1/2 tsp (optional)
Oil – 4 tsp
Warm Water – 3/4 cup
1) Mix all ingredients for the marinade
2) Keep 1 piece of chicken at a time between plastic wrap and pound with a rolling pin to flatten it.This helps to 'sew' the skewers in the piece and also for quick cooking.
3) Marinate the chicken with the marinade and refrigerate for 2-3 hrs.
4) Sew the skewers into the marinated chicken and keep enough 'handle' on the skewers to hold while grilling.
5) Grill each side for 4-5 minutes, or until cooked
6)Place the grilled thai chicken satay onto the leaves and serve hot with Sweet n Spicy Peanut dipping sauce.
1. Mix flour and salt
2. Add Oil and mix until all lumps are gone.
3. Add Warm Water a little at a time to form a medium soft dough ball. Do not overwork the dough.
4. Add few drops of Oil and coat the dough ball. Cover and let it rest for 15 minutes.
5. Heat skillet on medium heat.
6. Knead the dough once and divide into golf ball size balls.
7. Dip one ball into the All-purpose flour to coat and roll it out into a thin disc. Keep dipping the rotli into the dry flour to prevent it from sticking to the rolling surface.
8. Place disks on hot skillet (no need to oil the pan). Grill on one side for 30-45 seconds, then flip for another 30s or so.
9. Take off pan once Roti begins to fill with air pockets and turns golden brown in spots.
Makes approx 12 rotlis.
Questions, Comments & Reviews
More Great Recipes: