- Cooking Time: 35 mins plus
- Servings: 4-6
- Preparation Time: 40 mins (sorta)
- 4 whole garlic bulbs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 9 oz fresh baby spinach
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 4 - 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 6 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 6 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 3 cups milk
- 2 1/2 cups Parmesan cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- Cooked pasta
- Chopped tomatoes and basil to garnish (the garnish totally makes the meal...trust me)
- Preheat oven to 425'
- Leaving the garlic bulbs whole, remove the outer "paper", cut off the tops and drizzle 1 tablespoon of olive oil over them. Wrap them up separately in tin foil. Bake for about 30 - 35 minutes or until soft. Allow to cool for about 15 minutes.
- While the garlic is roasting, get out your 13 x 9 casserole dish and spray it with non-stick cooking spray or grease it. Pour the spinach leaves in, sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon of salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Heat up the remaining tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet. Brown the chicken on both sides and arrange over the spinach.
- Melt the butter in a large sauce pan over low heat. Stir in the flour. Cook and stir for about a minute (this will help get rid of the "flour" flavor). Gradually stir in the milk and bring to a boil. Cook and stir for about 1 - 2 minutes or until the sauce thickens. Stir in 2 cups of cheese, the nutmeg and the remaining salt and pepper. Remove from heat.
- Get out your blender and squeeze the roasted garlic into the blender. Pour in the sauce and process until smooth. Pour the sauce over the chicken and spinach.
- Cover and bake for 30 - 35 minutes or maybe a bit longer. You want the chicken to be done...which means that a meat thermometer will read 160'. Uncover....sprinkle with remaining cheese (yaaaaaa baby!!!) and bake for another 5 minutes.
- Serve over hot pasta and garnish with chopped tomatoes and basil
NotesAnother great recipe from Taste of Home (with a minor adjustment). Don't skip the garnish!!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Secret of the Wings Cookbook
Adventures in Cooking
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for LunchSee More
Corn Fritters ( Sorullitos)
Mambo Pork Rolls with Sweet Potatoes
Red Lentil And Vegetable SoupSee More