- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 pouch Boca Meatless Ground Burger (or 2 oz. of another cooked ground beef substitute*)
- 2 tbsp. Egg Beaters, Original
- 2 tbsp. minced onion
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tbsp. ketchup
- 1 Western Bagel Alternative Pita (or another low-calorie pita*)
- 1/4 cup canned fat-free tomato sauce
- Optional: pepper, additional salt and garlic powder
- Begin by preheating oven to 400 degrees. Slice the pita across 2 inches from the top to create a pocket. Take this extra piece of pita, open it up, and cut into very tiny pieces. Place pita crumbs in a dish and cover with Egg Beaters; allow crumbs to soak up liquid for a few minutes. Defrost Boca crumbles (about 30 seconds in the microwave should do it; you don't want to heat them) and blot away any excess moisture with a paper towel. Next add onion, salt, garlic, ketchup and Boca crumbles to the egg/pita-crumb mixture. Thoroughly mix the ingredients. Set out a small baking pan lined with wax paper and/or sprayed generously with nonstick spray. Using your hands, form "meat" mixture tightly into 3 balls (it's okay if they appear liquid-y; they will solidify upon cooking). Place balls on the baking dish and cook in the oven for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, heat tomato sauce and (if desired) season to taste with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Gently open pita pocket and toast to your preference (toasting it at least slightly will help keep it from getting soggy from all that hot sauciness!). When meatballs are ready, remove from oven and carefully coat them in the tomato sauce. Gently fill pita pocket with meatballs and sauce. Dig in!!
- HG Alternative! Trouble tracking down ground beef substitute? Defrost a Boca Original Meatless Burger and chop it up, instead! Just add 10 calories, 10mg sodium, and a gram of fiber to the final stats (Points value stays the same).
NotesThis WW recipe is so good, I just needed to share.