- Cooking Time: 30
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 15
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pounds Italian sausage links
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 green bell peppers, sliced
- 1 yellow bell peppers, sliced
- 2 large onions, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 (12-oz.) bottle beer (I used Sam Adams Summer Ale)
- 1/2 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- Heat olive oil in a large heavy skillet over medium high heat. Cook sausages until browned on all sides. Remove sausage from pan, and set aside.
- Pour 1 bottle of beer into the pan, scrape up any blackened bits from the bottom.
- Add the red, green and yellow peppers, onions and garlic to the pan. Add the tomato paste. Season with oregano, cilantro, hot sauce, salt and pepper.
- Cover, and simmer until onions and peppers are tender. If the sauce is too thick, add a little water.
- Slice the sausages and add to the peppers.
- Cover, and simmer another 5-10 minutes or until sausage is cooked through.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community Cookbook
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)See More
Chinese New Years Sticky Rice Cake
Mushroom Barley Soup
Billy's Vanilla, Vanilla CupcakesSee More