SAUCY SAUSAGE & PEPPERS
- Cooking Time: 30
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 15
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pounds Italian sausage links
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 green bell peppers, sliced
- 1 yellow bell peppers, sliced
- 2 large onions, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 (12-oz.) bottle beer (I used Sam Adams Summer Ale)
- 1/2 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- salt and black pepper, to taste
Heat olive oil in a large heavy skillet over medium high heat. Cook sausages until browned on all sides. Remove sausage from pan, and set aside.
Pour 1 bottle of beer into the pan, scrape up any blackened bits from the bottom.
Add the red, green and yellow peppers, onions and garlic to the pan. Add the tomato paste. Season with oregano, cilantro, hot sauce, salt and pepper.
Cover, and simmer until onions and peppers are tender. If the sauce is too thick, add a little water.
Slice the sausages and add to the peppers.
Cover, and simmer another 5-10 minutes or until sausage is cooked through.
Website Credit: http://cheftomcooks.com/2010/07/19/sausageandpeppers/