SAUCY SOUTHWESTERN PORK CHOPS
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick and 7 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 large onion, halved and sliced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes, cut up
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons enchilada sauce mix
- 4 tablespoons sliced ripe olives, divided
- 1 small green pepper, sliced into eight rings
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
Sprinkle pork chops with pepper. In a large nonstick skillet coated with nonstick cooking spray, cook chops in 1 teaspoon oil over medium heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until browned. Remove and keep warm.
In the same skillet, saute onion in remaining oil until tender. Stir in the tomatoes, chilies, water, sauce mix and 2 tablespoons olives. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3 minutes. Return chops to the pan; top with green pepper rings. Cover and simmer for 9-12 minutes or until meat is tender.
Remove chops and pepper rings; keep warm. Stir sour cream into sauce until blended. Serve with pork and rice. Garnish with remaining olives. Yield: 4 servings.