SAUCY SOUTHWESTERN PORK CHOPS
- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick and 7 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 large onion, halved and sliced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes, cut up
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons enchilada sauce mix
- 4 tablespoons sliced ripe olives, divided
- 1 small green pepper, sliced into eight rings
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
- Sprinkle pork chops with pepper. In a large nonstick skillet coated with nonstick cooking spray, cook chops in 1 teaspoon oil over medium heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until browned. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute onion in remaining oil until tender. Stir in the tomatoes, chilies, water, sauce mix and 2 tablespoons olives. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3 minutes. Return chops to the pan; top with green pepper rings. Cover and simmer for 9-12 minutes or until meat is tender.
- Remove chops and pepper rings; keep warm. Stir sour cream into sauce until blended. Serve with pork and rice. Garnish with remaining olives. Yield: 4 servings.
NotesThis dish has got a mild kick to it. I made it on Friday for lunch for my father and I. I served mine over brown rice. From Light and Tasty.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!
Secret of the Wings Cookbook
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skinSee More
Puff Daddy Pancake
Pumpkin-Cream Cheese Streusel Pie
Tossed Salad With Oil And Vinegar DressingSee More