- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 Carrot finely Chopped
- 1 Celery Rib Finely Chopped
- 8 whole cloves
- 4 Bay leaves
- 1/2 tsp Whole Peppercorns
- 2 Medium Onions sliced
- 1 Beef Rump Roast or Eye Of Round (3lbs)
- Ginger Snap Gravy:
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 - 1/2 cup Ginger Snap Crumbs
- In a medium saucepan, combine all the above ingredients EXCEPT the butter and the beef.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Place Beef in a heat proof bowl and pour the hot marinade over the beef; Cover and refrigerate for 48 hours, turning every 12 hours.
- Remove roast and save the marinade.
- Pat the roast dry with a paper towel.
- In a dutch oven over medium-high heat, melt butter and sear roast on all sides.
- Strain the marinade to remove the vegetables and seasonings.
- Add marinade to the dutch oven, cover and simmer until roast is tender, about 3 hours.
- Gravy; Remove 1 1/2 cups of the pan juices and place in a medium sauce pan. Add 1/2 cup water and bring to a boil over medium heat. Add gingersnap crumbs and simmer until gravy thickens.
- Serve with Horseradish Mashed potatoes and Brussel Sprouts with Sour Cream sauce.
NotesHonestly, I don't know how "Authentic" this recipe is, but this is the way my mother makes it.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Mom's Cooking Secrets
'CHEF' the Film Cookbook: Recipes from El Jefe
YummyMix.com's Blended Drink RecipesSee More
Paul’s Chicken Marsala Modified from www.allrecipes.com
Smiling Jack SandwichSee More