- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 Carrot finely Chopped
- 1 Celery Rib Finely Chopped
- 8 whole cloves
- 4 Bay leaves
- 1/2 tsp Whole Peppercorns
- 2 Medium Onions sliced
- 1 Beef Rump Roast or Eye Of Round (3lbs)
- Ginger Snap Gravy:
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 - 1/2 cup Ginger Snap Crumbs
- In a medium saucepan, combine all the above ingredients EXCEPT the butter and the beef.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Place Beef in a heat proof bowl and pour the hot marinade over the beef; Cover and refrigerate for 48 hours, turning every 12 hours.
- Remove roast and save the marinade.
- Pat the roast dry with a paper towel.
- In a dutch oven over medium-high heat, melt butter and sear roast on all sides.
- Strain the marinade to remove the vegetables and seasonings.
- Add marinade to the dutch oven, cover and simmer until roast is tender, about 3 hours.
- Gravy; Remove 1 1/2 cups of the pan juices and place in a medium sauce pan. Add 1/2 cup water and bring to a boil over medium heat. Add gingersnap crumbs and simmer until gravy thickens.
- Serve with Horseradish Mashed potatoes and Brussel Sprouts with Sour Cream sauce.
NotesHonestly, I don't know how "Authentic" this recipe is, but this is the way my mother makes it.
Kale Yeah It's Good...No Meat Necessary
Baby Food: Baby's First Solid Foods
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!See More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More