- Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Preparation Time: 1 hour
- 8 oz. sausage meat crumbled
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 14 oz. can sauerkraut, well drained and sniped
- 2 tbsp. dry bread crumbs
- 1 3 oz. pkg. cream cheese, softened
- 2 tbsp. chopped parley
- 1 tsp. preparedmustard
- garlic powder
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 2 well-beaten eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup more bread crumbs
- Oil or Crisco for deep frying
- In skillet, cook sausage and onoon until meat is brown. Drain
- Add sauerkraut and 2 T. of breadcrumbs.
- Combine cream cheese, parsley, mustard, garlic powder and pepper.
- Stir into sauerkraut mixture. Chill. Shapeinto small balls, coat with flour.
- Add milk to beaten eggs.
- Dip ball into egg-milk mixture and roll into bread crumbs.
- Fry in oil to brown.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for approx. 15 to 20 minutes.
NotesThey are worth every bit of the trouble to make them. I double the recipe.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"
Watt's Cooking in PA?See More
Super Easy Chicken and Pepper Mexican Spiced Rice Stir Fry
How To Make Caramelized Onions
Salted Nut SquaresSee More