- Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Preparation Time: 1 hour
- 8 oz. sausage meat crumbled
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 14 oz. can sauerkraut, well drained and sniped
- 2 tbsp. dry bread crumbs
- 1 3 oz. pkg. cream cheese, softened
- 2 tbsp. chopped parley
- 1 tsp. preparedmustard
- garlic powder
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 2 well-beaten eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup more bread crumbs
- Oil or Crisco for deep frying
- In skillet, cook sausage and onoon until meat is brown. Drain
- Add sauerkraut and 2 T. of breadcrumbs.
- Combine cream cheese, parsley, mustard, garlic powder and pepper.
- Stir into sauerkraut mixture. Chill. Shapeinto small balls, coat with flour.
- Add milk to beaten eggs.
- Dip ball into egg-milk mixture and roll into bread crumbs.
- Fry in oil to brown.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for approx. 15 to 20 minutes.
NotesThey are worth every bit of the trouble to make them. I double the recipe.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Basic Blends: Healthy Juicing RecipesSee More
Super-Simple Snickers Pies
Cilantro Pork Tamales
PUmpkin Carrot Swirl BarsSee More