- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 onion
- 3 cups wine sauerkraut (in a can)
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Drain the sauerkraut and then chop finely.
- Finely mince the onion.
- Melt butter in a medium-sized fry pan and add minced onion. Sauté the onion over medium heat until it turns translucent.
- Add sauerkraut and sauté for 10 minutes until soft. Season mixture with freshly ground pepper. Keep an eye on the heat so that you don't scorch the sauerkraut.
- Pour filling into a bowl and cool to room temperature before filling pierogies.
- Note: if sauerkraut is too wet add salted cracker crumbs to absorb the liquid.
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!
Fun appetizers and snacks
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew JudsonSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More