- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 onion
- 3 cups wine sauerkraut (in a can)
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Drain the sauerkraut and then chop finely.
- Finely mince the onion.
- Melt butter in a medium-sized fry pan and add minced onion. Sauté the onion over medium heat until it turns translucent.
- Add sauerkraut and sauté for 10 minutes until soft. Season mixture with freshly ground pepper. Keep an eye on the heat so that you don't scorch the sauerkraut.
- Pour filling into a bowl and cool to room temperature before filling pierogies.
- Note: if sauerkraut is too wet add salted cracker crumbs to absorb the liquid.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!See More
Super Easy Chicken and Pepper Mexican Spiced Rice Stir Fry
How To Make Caramelized Onions
Salted Nut SquaresSee More