- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 onion
- 3 cups wine sauerkraut (in a can)
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Drain the sauerkraut and then chop finely.
- Finely mince the onion.
- Melt butter in a medium-sized fry pan and add minced onion. Sauté the onion over medium heat until it turns translucent.
- Add sauerkraut and sauté for 10 minutes until soft. Season mixture with freshly ground pepper. Keep an eye on the heat so that you don't scorch the sauerkraut.
- Pour filling into a bowl and cool to room temperature before filling pierogies.
- Note: if sauerkraut is too wet add salted cracker crumbs to absorb the liquid.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' Recipes
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
Breads and Pastry 101See More
GLUTEN-FREE FLOUR BLEND
Peanut Butter Cups
White Chocolate and Cranberry CookiesSee More