- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 onion
- 3 cups wine sauerkraut (in a can)
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Drain the sauerkraut and then chop finely.
- Finely mince the onion.
- Melt butter in a medium-sized fry pan and add minced onion. Sauté the onion over medium heat until it turns translucent.
- Add sauerkraut and sauté for 10 minutes until soft. Season mixture with freshly ground pepper. Keep an eye on the heat so that you don't scorch the sauerkraut.
- Pour filling into a bowl and cool to room temperature before filling pierogies.
- Note: if sauerkraut is too wet add salted cracker crumbs to absorb the liquid.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
HalFire: A Passion for HotWings!
YummyMix.com's Blended Drink Recipes
$30 Wine+Food PairingsSee More
Grandma Helen's Amazing Kolaches
Lemon Cucumber Tofu Salad
POTATO FRITTERSSee More