- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 onions, sliced thinly
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 cups peanuts, roasted and shelled
- 2 pieces Sereh* (lemon grass)
- 2 pieces Kencur* (ginger like root)
- 2 tablespoons trasi* (shrimp paste)
- 2 red chillies, crushed
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons kecap manis sedang* -Indonesian medium sweet soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons Asam water* (tamarind)
- In a medium size frying pan heat the peanut oil.
- Fry the onions and garlic until golden.
- Place onion mixture, peanuts, lemon grass, kencur, and trasi in a food processor; then add chillies, brown sugar, kecap, salt and asam water. Mix together thoroughly.
- Now add enough boiling water to make a thick paste.
- Serve over Satays.
- These ingredients can be purchased at an Oriental food market such as 99 Ranch market.
- Selamat Makan!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Best of GlutenFreeHappyTummy!
Second Grade Holiday Cookbook
$30 Wine+Food PairingsSee More
Chocolate Eclair Cake
Sara Lee® Fruity Breakfast Bread Spreads
Triple Chocolate Chunk CookiesSee More