SAUSAGE, TOMATO & ARAGULA PASTA
- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 1 onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 birds eye chilli, thinly sliced
- 5 vine-ripened Roma tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 40g aragula/rocket, rinsed and patted dry
- 4 spicy Italian sausages, casings removed
- 400g dried pasta (I used linguini)
- Olive oil, for frying
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1. Put on a pot of water to boil, and add your dried pasta and cook till al dente (nothing worse than soggy, overcooked pasta!). Once it has cooked, give it a quick rinse under cold water to stop it sticking and getting claggy, then drain well.
- 2. Heat olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat, then add the onion, garlic, chilli and salt (salt helps stop the garlic from sticking to the pan) and cook till the onion becomes translucent.
- 3. Add the sausage to the pan and use a wooden spoon to break the meat into pieces as you cook, stirring it all together whilst cooking. Once the sausage has cooked, and add the tomato, rocket and drained pasta and toss through, briskly tossing it through till the noodles have heated up and absorbed some of the flavour from the sausages (if you don’t keep things moving, you risk cooking the tomatoes too much and consequently losing their freshness).
- 4. Serve hot with a little grated cheese on top (parmesan, pecorino, your choice, just make sure it’s a firm, robustly-favoured cheese!)
NotesFast, fresh and flavourful, this alliterative dish is a cinch to make and great for a quick lunch!
More about this dish on my food blog - Kitchen Wench
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Brownies: Baking Outside the Box
Easy Homemade Salad Dressings
$30 Wine+Food PairingsSee More
Hot and Sour Soup
My Husband’s Favorite Desert
Mickey's Pulled PorkSee More