- Cooking Time: 20
- Servings: 4-5
- Preparation Time: 10
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 spicy sausage of your choice (Chorizo or spicy Italian works great!), chopped
- 1 small-medium sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 1 red bell pepper (capsicum), deseeded and diced
- 1 large brown onion, peeled and diced
- 5 large eggs
- 4 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup light milk (I use soy thanks to frequent incompatability between cow juice and my digestive tract)
- *optional: A handful of roughly chopped mushrooms is also marvellous in this
- Preheat a cast-iron skillet (or ovenproof frying pan) with the oil, then add the onion and bell pepper (capsicum) and fry till slightly softened, then add the chopped sausage and fry till the sausage is cooked.
- Meanwhile, either steam/boil/microwave the chopped sweet potato till it is almost completely cooked (i.e. soft enough to pierce all the way through but not mushy), then add this to the pan and stir it through for a few minutes to take on the other flavours of the dish.
- Preheat your grill and the beat together the eggs and milk in a bowl, then carefully pour it over the top of the mixture, giving it a little stir to ensure the egg is getting right between all the chunks of sausage and veg. Lower the heat and leave to cook till the bottom and sides have just set, then place under the grill to cook the top.
- Once it’s finished cooking, remove and serve either warm or cold with a spicy tomato salsa or chutney and some green salad on the side.
NotesThis sausage, sweet potato and capsicum frittata is one of those dishes that takes next to no time to knock together, but is tasty and versatile enough to be served up a few times in different forms till it’s gone! Excellent served warm with a little spicy salsa or chutney and garden salad, it also makes a great filling for a sandwich when accompanied with some chutney and bitter greens.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Taste of CenturyLink
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community Cookbook
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome RecipesSee More
Dad's favorite peanut brownies!See More