- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 40
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 lb.Italian Sausage Roll
- 1/3 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 3 tbsp. mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp. chopped green onions
- 1/2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 20 slices party rye
- *thinly sliced French bread may be used instead of party rye bread. Double recipe to have enough sausage mixture
- Preheat broiler.
- Crumble and cook sausage in medium skillet until browned, Drain on paper towels.
- Transfer sausage to small bowl; stir in cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, green onions and Worcestershire.
- Cut crusts from bread.
- Cut each slice into 4 squares; spread about 1 tsp. sausage mixture onto each square.
- Arrange squares on ungreased baking sheet; place under hot broiler just until cheese melts and filling bubbles. (Be careful not to burn corners and edges.)
- Serve hot.
- Makes 40 appetizers
- Note: May be made ahead and refrigerated overnight or frozen up to 1 month before broiling.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2013
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
Sharing Christmas with FriendsSee More
Whey Bean Salad
Boo CupsSee More