- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 lb bulk sausage
- 1 medium onion, halved and sliced
- 8 oz sliced mushrooms
- 4-5 medium potatoes, any variety, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 lb asparagus, halved lengthwise and cut into 1-inch pieces
- salt and pepper
- cheese, for topping, if desired
- In a large skillet over medium heat, combine sausage, onions, and mushrooms. Using a spatula, break sausage into smaller pieces (but do not crumble completely). Saute until sausage begins to brown, about 5 minutes.
- Add potatoes and water to skillet. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- Add asparagus to top of mixture but do not stir in. Cover and simmer an additional 10 minutes, or until asparagus is crisp-tender and potatoes are tender. Stir and top with fresh ground pepper.
- Serve immediately, topped with cheese if desir
NotesThis is a relatively quick and easy one-dish dinner, perfect on those chilly spring nights (or, if you live in Michigan, snowy spring nights). This recipe is inspired by one in Simply in Season, but I added my own personal touch to give it a little more substance and flavor. If asparagus isn’t your vegetable, try broccoli, peppers, or sugar snap peas.
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
Desperate Housewives: Juicy Dishes & Saucy Bites
A Gluten Free Christmas with Gluten Free MamaSee More
Broccoli Chicken Casserole
SLOW COOKER BBQ COUNTRY RIBS
TUNA PARFAIT ON JAPANESE SWEET POTATO TEMPURA AND TEMPURA GREEN ONIONS WITH SAKE SOY GLAZESee More