- Cooking Time: 55 - 60
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time:
- 1 pkg.Regular Flavor Jimmy Dean Pork Sausage
- 10 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups cubed bread
- 2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms (optional)
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped (optional)
- 1/2 cup thin-sliced green onions (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- In large skillet, cook sausage over medium-high heat, stirring frequently until thoroughly cooked and no longer pink.
- In large mixing bowl, combine eggs, milk, mustard and salt; stir well.
- Distribute half the bread evenly in a buttered 9" x 13" x 2" baking dish.
- Sprinkle with half the pepper, half the cheese, half the sausage and half of each optional ingredient.
- Repeat layering using remaining bread, pepper, cheese, sausage and optional ingredients.
- Pour egg mixture evenly over casserole.
- Bake uncovered for 55-60 minutes, or until eggs are set.
- Tent with foil if top begins to brown too quickly.
Notesfrom: Jimmy Dean recipes
Note: may be assembled ahead and refrigerated up to 12 hours before baking.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Girl Scout Campfire Cookbook Troop 60252
Sharing Christmas with Friends
Halloween Easy Eerie EdiblesSee More
Easy Graham Cracker Ginger Bread House
Pecan Almond MuffinsSee More