- Cooking Time: 10
- Servings: 4-6
- Preparation Time: 5
BackstoryI've found that adding a little cream to the sausage gravy makes all the difference in the world! For an easy (and delicious) biscuit recipe see Cream Biscuits.
- 1 lb pork sausage (Jimmy Dean works great)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon sage, ground (optional)
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 4 cups milk
- 1/2 cup cream (adjust to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- salt and black pepper
- Saute sausage in a large saucepan over medium heat until done.
- Drain off excess grease.
- Stir in the butter until its melted; stir in sage.
- Slowly sprinkle flour over the sausage, stirring continuously until the flour has coated the sausage.
- Gradually stir in the milk, and worchestershire.
- Bring the gravy to a boil and cook and stir for 2 minutes until thickened.
- Stir in cream as desired.
- Serve immediately.