- Cooking Time: 10
- Servings: 4-6
- Preparation Time: 5
- 1 lb pork sausage (Jimmy Dean works great)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon sage, ground (optional)
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 4 cups milk
- 1/2 cup cream (adjust to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- salt and black pepper
- Saute sausage in a large saucepan over medium heat until done.
- Drain off excess grease.
- Stir in the butter until its melted; stir in sage.
- Slowly sprinkle flour over the sausage, stirring continuously until the flour has coated the sausage.
- Gradually stir in the milk, and worchestershire.
- Bring the gravy to a boil and cook and stir for 2 minutes until thickened.
- Stir in cream as desired.
- Serve immediately.
NotesI've found that adding a little cream to the sausage gravy makes all the difference in the world! For an easy (and delicious) biscuit recipe see Cream Biscuits.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Gluten-Free - Making do with what you got!
Holidays = Desserts = HappinessSee More
pistachio cranberry icebox cookies
Teeny Tiny Italian Meat-loaves
Mom's Holiday Stove Top StuffingSee More