- Cooking Time: 10
- Servings: 4-6
- Preparation Time: 5
- 1 lb pork sausage (Jimmy Dean works great)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon sage, ground (optional)
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 4 cups milk
- 1/2 cup cream (adjust to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- salt and black pepper
- Saute sausage in a large saucepan over medium heat until done.
- Drain off excess grease.
- Stir in the butter until its melted; stir in sage.
- Slowly sprinkle flour over the sausage, stirring continuously until the flour has coated the sausage.
- Gradually stir in the milk, and worchestershire.
- Bring the gravy to a boil and cook and stir for 2 minutes until thickened.
- Stir in cream as desired.
- Serve immediately.
NotesI've found that adding a little cream to the sausage gravy makes all the difference in the world! For an easy (and delicious) biscuit recipe see Cream Biscuits.
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy Food
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skin
Classic Chocolate Recipes ElevatedSee More
Salted Caramel - Sauce and/or squares
All the food groups in one dish...if you consider tomatoes a fruit :)!
Hanky PankySee More