BackstoryStart Dad’s day off right with this savory Sausage Breakfast Loaf for Father’s Day.
- 12 Rhodes™ Dinner Rolls, thawed and risen
- 1 pound sausage, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 2 eggs
- Spray counter lightly with non-stick cooking spray. Combine rolls into a ball and roll into a 9x18-inch rectangle. Cover with plastic wrap and let rest 15 minutes. In a medium size bowl combine sausage and 1 beaten egg. Remove wrap from dough and spread sausage mixture evenly over dough. Top with mozzarella cheese. Roll up, jelly roll style, starting with a short side. Pinch ends together to seal. Place in a sprayed 9x5-inch bread pan, seam side down. Beat remaining egg and brush over top of loaf. Bake at 350°F 45-55 minutes. Cover with foil last 10 minutes of baking to prevent over browning. Remove from pan to cool. Let cool 20 minutes before slicing.