- Cooking Time: 30
- Servings: 48
- Preparation Time: 10
- 1 lb. Highly seasoned sausage (Hot)
- 1-8oz. pkg. Cream cheese
- 2 pkgs. Crescent rolls
- Poppy seeds
- 1 egg white, slightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a medium sized skillet, lightly brown sausage and drain. While sausage is still hot, add cream cheese and stir until cheese is melted and mixture is creamy.
- Cool completely.
- Separate crescent rolls into two rectangles. Form log of sausage mixture lengthwise down center of each rectangle.
- Fold over the long sides of pastry to cover sausage log.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet, seam down. Brush with egg whites.
- Sprinkle with poppy seeds.
- Bake 20 minutes until crust is golden.
- When completely cooled slice into 1 1/2 inch slices.
- Yield: approx. 4-dozen.
NotesThis is my friend Sue's recipe.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake Recipe
The Italian Exchange
Brownies: Baking Outside the BoxSee More
Dark chocolate truffle tart with flax seeds
Khatta Meetha Karela
Roasted Butternut Squash SoupSee More