- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1(1-pound) package ground pork sausage
- 1 cup shredded Italian 5 cheese blend
- 1(8-ounce) velveeta cheese, cubed
- 4 large eggs
- 3/4 cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1(10.2-ounce) can refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- Garnish-fresh thyme leaves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 9 inch square baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet cook sausage over medium-high heat stirring occasionally until sausage is browned and crumbly. Drain well.
- Sprinkle sausage and cheeses into prepared dish.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, cream, thyme, garlic salt and pepper. Pour over sausage mixture. Arrange biscuits evenly over top. Bake for 20 minutes or until biscuits are golden. Cover with aluminum foil and bake 15 minutes longer. Let stand for 15 minutes before serving. Garnish with fresh thyme, if desired.
NotesThis recipe comes from Miss Betty on TOH! Photo by me! We had breakfast for dinner and it was a hearty meal. Very filling and delicious! For the biscuits I used Grands Jr. butter tasting. There were 10 biscuits in a pack and they all fit! This is a keeper for sure! Yummy!