- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 12-oz package of pork sausage or ground pork
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp thyme leaves
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp flour
- 2 cups milk
- Brown the sausage in a large skillet with the butter and seasonings. Drain off all but about twotablespoons of the fat.
- Stir in the flour to make a roux and let cook for another 2 minutes, makingsure that all of the flour is completely coated in fat, until it is bubbling.
- Pour in the milk, stirring constantly.
- Continue to stir until the milk comes up to a boil. Reduce to a simmer. Continue to
- boil off liquid if desired to make thicker gravy. If the gravy is too thick, stir in some water until the desired consistency is reached. Taste and adjust seasonings as necessary.
- When the biscuits are done, split them open on individual plates and spoon gravy over the top.
This is a classic hearty breakfast that I grew up eating. If you’re in a hurry, Bisquick biscuits are
entirely adequate – just make a double batch: 3 cups Bisquick and 1 cup milk, baked for 10
minutes at 450 degrees.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community Cookbook
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake RecipeSee More
Apricot Glazed Chicken Breasts
Blueberry Light MuffinsSee More