- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 lb. pork sausage
- 2 tbls finely chopped onion
- 6 tbls AP flour
- 4 cups milk
- 1/2 tsp sage
- 1/4 tsp salt
- In a large skillet over medium heat cook the sausage and onion until sausage is no longer pink.
- Drain, reserving 2 tbls drippings in skillet.
- Stir flour into sausage and drippings until blended.
- Cook and stir until light golden brown.
- Gradually stir in milk and seasonings.
- Bring to a boil. Cook and stir until desired thickness
NotesMy mother-in-law gave me this recipe at my bridal shower. The recipe is written as the orignal and my modifications are listed at the bottom. Enjoy!
- Omit the onions but I do add onion powder.
- Add black pepper and garlic powder along with the salt and sage.
- Add the seasonings to the sausage just before I add the milk so it mixes easier.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Breads and Pastry 101
Driscoll's Berry Desserts
MetroCooking DC 2013See More
Carmelized Banana Tart (Land O Lakes)
Betty Crocker Ooey Gooey Pumpkin Caramel Cupcakes
Chinese Chicken WingsSee More