- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 lb ground pork sausage
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp bacon grease (or 3 tbsp butter)
- 3 cups milk
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Brown sausage in a large skillet over medium high heat. Set aside, leaving the drippings in the skillet.
- Mix bacon grease into the sausage drippings.
- Reduce heat to medium, combine with flour, and stir constantly until mixture just turns golden brown.
- Gradually whisk milk into the skillet. When the mixture is smooth, thickened and begins to bubble, return sausage to the skillet.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Reduce heat, and simmer for about 15 minutes.
Fueling a Firehouse
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' Recipes
Decadent Desserts Made FromSee More
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cupcake with Browned Butter Butter Cream Frosting
Cinnamon Blueberry Crumble
Mrs. Jackson’s Grits – “Selma”See More