- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 lb ground pork sausage
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp bacon grease (or 3 tbsp butter)
- 3 cups milk
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Brown sausage in a large skillet over medium high heat. Set aside, leaving the drippings in the skillet.
- Mix bacon grease into the sausage drippings.
- Reduce heat to medium, combine with flour, and stir constantly until mixture just turns golden brown.
- Gradually whisk milk into the skillet. When the mixture is smooth, thickened and begins to bubble, return sausage to the skillet.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Reduce heat, and simmer for about 15 minutes.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Vegan Glass Jar Goodies
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
"Pretty Food" for the home ChefSee More
Honey Cake (mézeskalács) As My Mother Makes
Delicious, flaky, lard-free pie crustSee More