- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 lb ground pork sausage
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp bacon grease (or 3 tbsp butter)
- 3 cups milk
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Brown sausage in a large skillet over medium high heat. Set aside, leaving the drippings in the skillet.
- Mix bacon grease into the sausage drippings.
- Reduce heat to medium, combine with flour, and stir constantly until mixture just turns golden brown.
- Gradually whisk milk into the skillet. When the mixture is smooth, thickened and begins to bubble, return sausage to the skillet.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Reduce heat, and simmer for about 15 minutes.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Halloween Easy Eerie Edibles
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!
From Granny's Kitchen...With Love!See More
Dark chocolate truffle tart with flax seeds
Khatta Meetha Karela
Roasted Butternut Squash SoupSee More