- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 12 oz package ground sausage (i like Italian sausage)
- 1/2 tbsp garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp shallots, minced
- 18 fresh mushrooms , cleaned with stems removed & chopped (reserve the chopped stems)
- 2 8 oz packages cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup red wine
- Place sausage in a large, deep skillet.
- Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- In a bowl, gently mix the chopped mushroom stems, garlic, shallots & cream cheese and bread crumbs.
- Mix in the sausage and red wine.
- Stuff the mushroom caps with the cream cheese mixture.
- Transfer to a large baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven 25 to 30 minutes, or until the mixture is lightly brown.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Classic Chocolate Recipes Elevated
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!
The NourishFull KitchenSee More
Super Easy Chicken and Pepper Mexican Spiced Rice Stir Fry
How To Make Caramelized Onions
Salted Nut SquaresSee More