- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 12 oz package ground sausage (i like Italian sausage)
- 1/2 tbsp garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp shallots, minced
- 18 fresh mushrooms , cleaned with stems removed & chopped (reserve the chopped stems)
- 2 8 oz packages cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup red wine
- Place sausage in a large, deep skillet.
- Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- In a bowl, gently mix the chopped mushroom stems, garlic, shallots & cream cheese and bread crumbs.
- Mix in the sausage and red wine.
- Stuff the mushroom caps with the cream cheese mixture.
- Transfer to a large baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven 25 to 30 minutes, or until the mixture is lightly brown.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Brownies: Baking Outside the Box
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skin
Zucchini Spice Cake with Lemon Sauce
Rob’s Sugar Cookies modified from allrecipes.com
Stromboli WrapsSee More