SAUSAGE STUFFED PEPPERS
- Cooking Time: 40
- Servings: 4-6
- Preparation Time: 20
- 6 medium green bell peppers
- 1 lb bulk sweet italian sausage
- 1 Medium onion, diced
- 1 1/2 tsp dried oregeno leaves, crushed
- 1 cup shredded mozarella cheese, plus extra for garnish
- 2 Cups Pasta sauce (I used Hunt's Traditional)
- 2 Tbsp breadcrumbs
- Begin to cook sausage in a medium skillet over medium-high heat until browned.
- Meanwhile, remove the tops of each pepper, dice up the flesh from the tops of the peppers, removing the seeds and stem.
- Boil a large pot of water and place whole peppers in the boiling water. Cover and let boil for 5 minutes. Place peppers in a casserole dish with 1 cup water on the bottom of the dish.
- Once sausage is browned, add onions, diced pepper and oregeno. Cook until onions become translucent. Drain off fat. Stir in cheese.
- Fill peppers with sausage mixture. Pour pasta sauce over peppers evenly. Sprinkle each pepper with breadcrumbs and place in oven at 400 degrees for 35 minutes.
- Sprinkle with additional mozarella and continue to bake for 5 more minutes or until cheese melts slightly.
NotesInstead of the traditional ground beef, I decided to try sausage for a new flavor.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Brownies: Baking Outside the Box
Easy Homemade Salad Dressings
$30 Wine+Food PairingsSee More
Hot and Sour Soup
My Husband’s Favorite Desert
Mickey's Pulled PorkSee More