- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 1
- Preparation Time:
- 1 spicy Italian sausage link
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 T extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 c onion, diced
- 1/4 t. garlic powder
- 1/4 t. salt
- 1/2 t. pepper
- 1/2 t. basil
- 1/2 t. oregano
- 1 bay leaf
- 15 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1/3 c mozzarella, shredded
- Slice zucchini in half, length wise and scoop out inside.
- Slice 1/3 of zucchini and chop roughly. Set aside.
- Broil zucchini hulls for 12-15 minutes until fork tender.
- Heat oil in a saute pan until hot, add onion and garlic and cook until onions are transparent.
- Add sausage, without casing, breaking up in pan with spatula.
- Add spices and cook until nearly cooked through.
- Add 1/2 of can of diced tomatoes.
- Reduce until tomato juice is nearly gone.
- Remove the bay leaf and mix in most of the mozzarella.
- Scoop the meat mixture into the zucchini hulls and sprinkle the mozzarella on top.
- Broil until the mozzarella is just melted. Enjoy!
NotesIn a quest to make recipes from scratch off the top of my head, I have been trying to use what I know in the kitchen. It started out with a simple enough idea, zucchini stuffed with sausage, onion, tomatoes and mozzarella. It turned into so much more.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Favourites from Ana's Romanian KitchenSee More
Steak with red onion relish
Merry Christmas CookiesSee More