- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- ~3 sausages, sliced into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 cup rice
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- spices to taste
- Heat olive oil in a deep frying pan over medium high heat. add chopped onion and garlic and saute until onion is translucent.
- Add the sausage slices and fry until sausage is browned. At this point, add any spices that you like (pepper, cumin, oregano, etc). There's no need to add salt as the chicken broth takes care of that.
- Add rice and chicken broth, reduce the heat and simmer until the rice is cooked, stirring occasionally.
NotesThis is a recipe that my mom cut out of the newspaper years ago. I rediscovered it about a year ago and have been making it regularly since. It's very simple and is great comfort food.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for Lunch
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and Cakes
$30 Wine+Food PairingsSee More
Cinnamon-Apple Chex® Mix
Very Berry Crumble Pie
Salmon Hobo PacksSee More