- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- ~3 sausages, sliced into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 cup rice
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- spices to taste
- Heat olive oil in a deep frying pan over medium high heat. add chopped onion and garlic and saute until onion is translucent.
- Add the sausage slices and fry until sausage is browned. At this point, add any spices that you like (pepper, cumin, oregano, etc). There's no need to add salt as the chicken broth takes care of that.
- Add rice and chicken broth, reduce the heat and simmer until the rice is cooked, stirring occasionally.
NotesThis is a recipe that my mom cut out of the newspaper years ago. I rediscovered it about a year ago and have been making it regularly since. It's very simple and is great comfort food.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community CookbookSee More
Hungarian Beef Paprika
Fresh Tuna Tacos
RICH BLUEBERRY BARSSee More