- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- ~3 sausages, sliced into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 cup rice
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- spices to taste
- Heat olive oil in a deep frying pan over medium high heat. add chopped onion and garlic and saute until onion is translucent.
- Add the sausage slices and fry until sausage is browned. At this point, add any spices that you like (pepper, cumin, oregano, etc). There's no need to add salt as the chicken broth takes care of that.
- Add rice and chicken broth, reduce the heat and simmer until the rice is cooked, stirring occasionally.
NotesThis is a recipe that my mom cut out of the newspaper years ago. I rediscovered it about a year ago and have been making it regularly since. It's very simple and is great comfort food.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Soup & Chili Cookbook
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!
Italy or BustSee More
Poblano Macaroni and Cheese
Betty Crocker Raspberry-Lemon Fruit Dip
The Barefoot Contessas Pan Fried Onion DipSee More