- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- ~3 sausages, sliced into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 cup rice
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- spices to taste
- Heat olive oil in a deep frying pan over medium high heat. add chopped onion and garlic and saute until onion is translucent.
- Add the sausage slices and fry until sausage is browned. At this point, add any spices that you like (pepper, cumin, oregano, etc). There's no need to add salt as the chicken broth takes care of that.
- Add rice and chicken broth, reduce the heat and simmer until the rice is cooked, stirring occasionally.
NotesThis is a recipe that my mom cut out of the newspaper years ago. I rediscovered it about a year ago and have been making it regularly since. It's very simple and is great comfort food.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Amsterdam Friends Cookbook
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
Italy or BustSee More
Tabouleh (Cracked Wheat/Cucumber Salad)
Annie's Strawberry Dessert
Old Fashioned GingerbreadSee More