SAUTéED ZUCCHINI AND CORN
- Servings: 4
- 4 Medium Zucchini , Ends Trimmed
- 3 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 1 Small Onion , Minced
- 2 Medium Ears Sweet Corn , Kernels Cut Away With A Knife
- Or Use 1 Cup Frozen Corn, Thawed.
- 1 Tablespoon Minced Fresh Chives
- Or Use Minced Scallion
- Table Salt And Ground Black Pepper
Sautéed Zucchini and Corn
4 Medium Zucchini , Ends Trimmed
3 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter
1 Small Onion , Minced
2 Medium Ears Sweet Corn , Kernels Cut Away With A Knife
Or Use 1 Cup Frozen Corn, Thawed.
1 Tablespoon Minced Fresh Chives
Or Use Minced Scallion
Table Salt And Ground Black Pepper
1. Shred Zucchini on large holes of box grater or with shredding disk of food processor. Wrap shredded Zucchini in triple layer of paper towels and squeeze out as much of liquid as possible.
2. Heat butter in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. When foaming subsides, add Onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft, 2 to 3 minutes. Add Zucchini and Corn and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, 6 to 8 minutes. Stir in Chives or Scallions and season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve.
For a different twist, sauté 4 medium sliced Mushrooms with the Onions, and proceed as above.