- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2 lbs kale, stems and leaves coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- crushed red pepper flakes, to taste (optional) 2 garlic cloves, finely sliced
- 1/2 cup vegetable stock or 1/2 cup water
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add crushed red pepper flakes, if using, and let them sizzle a bit in the oil.
- Add the garlic and cook until soft, but not colored.
- Raise heat to high, add the stock and kale and toss to combine.
- Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove cover and continue to cook, stirring until all (most) the liquid has evaporated. I like the kale to still remain bright-ish green.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and add vinegar.
NotesThis recipe is for sautéed cake.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
I Got Baked: Introducing Cookbook Cafe
The Italian Exchange
Classic Chocolate Recipes ElevatedSee More
ICE CREAM IN A MARTINI GLASS RIMMED WITH OREO CRUMBS
Cupcake Wars Winning Peaches 'n Cream Cupcakes
Monkfish Stew in White Wine SauceSee More