- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2 lbs kale, stems and leaves coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- crushed red pepper flakes, to taste (optional) 2 garlic cloves, finely sliced
- 1/2 cup vegetable stock or 1/2 cup water
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add crushed red pepper flakes, if using, and let them sizzle a bit in the oil.
- Add the garlic and cook until soft, but not colored.
- Raise heat to high, add the stock and kale and toss to combine.
- Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove cover and continue to cook, stirring until all (most) the liquid has evaporated. I like the kale to still remain bright-ish green.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and add vinegar.
NotesThis recipe is for sautéed cake.
Easy Homemade Salad Dressings
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skin
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.See More
Mama Mia ... Lentils Italian Style
Gabriola Clam Chowder
Gen's Vegetable Love PizzaSee More