- Cooking Time: 30
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 40
- 4 Eggs, beaten
- 4 ounces freshly grated Parmesan cheese. (I used the already grated kind from the supermarket.)
- Salt and Pepper to taste.
- 4 Large skinless, boneless whole Chicken breasts, split
- 1/2 Cup flour (about) to coat chicken
- 1 cup ( 2 sticks) unsalted butter (divided)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 medium shallot, chopped
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1 ounce small capers, drained
- Beat eggs in bowl with Parmesian cheese, salt and pepper.set aside
- Dust chicken in flour, than coat in reserved egg mixture.
- Melt 1/2 cup butter in a shallow non- stick pan, Add olive oil and cook chicken on both sides over low heat just until browned. If heat is too high, coating may burn and/ or stick to pan.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- With a metal spatula, transfer chicken breast halves to a baking dish and bake uncovered,15 to 20 minutes or until done.
- While chicken bakes, prepare sauce: Combine wine,shallots, and cream, over high heat, reduce mixture by about half until thickened. Remove from heat.
- Cut remaining 1/2 cup butter into small pieces and whisk into the reduction until all the butter is incorporated.
- When chicken is done, remove from pan and set on individual serving dishes. Ladle sauce over pieces of chicken, than sprinkle each serving with capers.
NotesI found this recipe on About.com. My wife had a similar dish at a restaurant, and I wanted to duplicate it. It is a " Keeper " very delicious and easy to prepare.