- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 3/4 pound green beans, ends snapped off
- 4 Tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into 4 pieces
- 2 medium shallots, minced
- 1 cup canned low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup vermouth or dry white wine
- 1 Tablespoon juice from 1 lemon
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme leaves
- Bring 2 quarts water to a boil in a large pot.
- Adjust an over rack to the lower-middle position, set a large heatproof plate on it, and heat the oven to 200 degrees.
- Place the flour in a shallow dish.
- Season both sides of the chicken with salt and pepper.
- One at a time, coat both sides of each chicken piece with flour.
- Lift each breast by the tapered end and shake to remove excess flour; set aside.
- Heat the oil in a heavy-bottomed 12' skillet over medium-high heat until just smoking.
- Place the floured chicken in a single layer in the skillet and cook until golden brown, about 3 minutes.
- Using tongs, flip the chicken; cook until the second side is golden brown and the meant feels firm when pressed with a finger, about 3 minutes.
- The meat should no longer be pink in the center. Transfer the chicken to the heater plate and return the plate to the oven.
- Add 1 tablespoon salt and the beans to the boiling water and cook until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes.
- Drain the beans and transfer them into a large serving bowl.
- Toss with 1 tablespoon butter and salt and pepper to taste.
- Meanwhile, return the skillet to low heat; add the shallots and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft, about 1 minute.
- Add the broth and vermouth, scraping the browned bits from the pan bottom, until the sauce is slightly syrupy, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to low and stir in the lemon juice, thyme, and any accumulated juices from the chicken.
- Whisk in the remaining butter, 1 tablespoon at a time, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Arrange a portion of green beans on individual plates and place a chicken breast on top.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken and beans and serve immediately.
- vnbbbbbbbbServes 4
- Time: 35 Minutes
"Pretty Food" for the home Chef
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew JudsonSee More
Best Mediterranean Baked Stuffed Chicken
Melt Your Heart Pizza
Paleo Flank Steak with Chimichurri SauceSee More