- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2 lb beef liver,thin sliced
- 1 cup milk
- 8 Tbs margerine
- 4 medium onions,sliced thinly
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 2 medium red apples
- Wash liver. Place in shallow pan. Add milk,turning slices to coat well. Refigerate 1/2 hour.Heat 4 tbs margerine in large skillet. Add onion slices and 1/8 tsp salt. Cook over low heat,stirring occasionally,until onion begins to brown-about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile,drain liver well. Combine flour flour,1 tsp salt,and pepper;use flour mixture to coat liver well.
- Wash and core apples. Trim ends,and cut each crosswise into 3 slices. Add to skillet with onion, and cook until tender and golden on each side- about 10 minutes.
- Heat remaining margerine in another skillet. Add liver slices,and saute until golden brown on each side- 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- To serve: Place liver on heated platter. Top with onion and apple slices; garnish with parsely.
- Makes 4 to 6 servings.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Social Cookbook
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.See More
Cherry Chip Cheesecake BarsSee More