SAUTEED MUSHROOM SALAD
Sauteed Mushroom Salad
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 small onion, halved and sliced
- 1 pound white or cremini mushrooms, quartered
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme or 1/2 teaspoon dried
- 3 tablespoons dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 8 cups bitter salad greens, such as frisee, arugula or baby dandelion greens
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook until softened, about 3 minutes. Add mushrooms and cook, stirring, until they release their juices, 10 to 12 minutes.
Add garlic and thyme and stir until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add sherry and cook until mostly evaporated, about 3 minutes. Stir in the remaining 1 tablespoon oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper and continue cooking for 1 minute more. Pour over greens in a large bowl and toss to coat. Sprinkle with Parmesan
Per serving: 82 calories; 6 g fat (1 g sat, 4 g mono); 1 mg cholesterol; 6 g carbohydrate; 3 g protein; 1 g fiber; 133 mg sodium; 339 mg potassium.