- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 small onion, halved and sliced
- 1 pound white or cremini mushrooms, quartered
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme or 1/2 teaspoon dried
- 3 tablespoons dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 8 cups bitter salad greens, such as frisee, arugula or baby dandelion greens
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook until softened, about 3 minutes. Add mushrooms and cook, stirring, until they release their juices, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Add garlic and thyme and stir until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add sherry and cook until mostly evaporated, about 3 minutes. Stir in the remaining 1 tablespoon oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper and continue cooking for 1 minute more. Pour over greens in a large bowl and toss to coat. Sprinkle with Parmesan
NotesNUTRITION INFORMATION: Makes 6 servings, about 1 1/3 cups each.
Per serving: 82 calories; 6 g fat (1 g sat, 4 g mono); 1 mg cholesterol; 6 g carbohydrate; 3 g protein; 1 g fiber; 133 mg sodium; 339 mg potassium.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Soup & Chili Cookbook
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can EnjoySee More
Grandma Helen's Amazing Kolaches
Lemon Cucumber Tofu Salad
POTATO FRITTERSSee More